Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Good News On Pizza Crust

Well, I guess the newest thing the media has found out is that Pizza can be good for you. Well, if you use the right ingredients and that starts with the crust. As they said on the news today, (and if your like me, you already knew this), whole wheat crust is the first key to a healthy pizza. It can be good too. I have had it. You just have to buy it somewhere that well, knows how to make it or, the best thing would be to make it yourself. Well,of course the media then had to state that it's the toppings that are bad for you.
So I'm here tonight to tell you that doesn't have to be the case. Nope. For instance, have you ever tried turkey pepperoni? It's great. No, don't laugh it really is good stuff. It's loaded with flavor because of the fact that it is turkey so I think it's actually better than regular Pepperoni and thats tough to do.

For those of you that love Sausage, try the Sausage made of turkey as well. Get the good stuff and make it the Italian turkey sausage and you won't be unhappy. It's really good.

Cheese is a pretty big downfall of pizza and to be honest with you, I really don't like a pizza with low fat cheese. Not really. So, if you use any toppings like the turkey I have suggested, I figure you can have just about any type of cheese you want. Some people like to put blue cheese bits all over the pizza along with pepperjack cheese. Gives it a really yummy flavor. But me, I stick with Mozarella cheese for the most part.
Of course any veggies on your pizza are great for you. And if you like, stick some pinapple on there as well. It's all yummy.
So, the next time you want a pizza but not the calories, try my suggestions and let me know.
Until the next time. Eat to live don't live to eat.

1 comment:

Charli said...

Now I'm curious, because I do like whole wheat. Where on earth do you find whole wheat pizza crusts?? :)