Tuesday, April 3, 2007

So, have you gone off your live it?

Good for you. Why? Because it's a live it not a diet it. This is what most people don't understand. They think that when your watching your weight you have to be quite rigid and that's not always true. Sure, you should be careful for oh, lets say five days out of the week. But you know, that gives you time to have a little fun.
Now, depending of course on how much weight you want/need to lose depends on how many days you can have what I like to call FAT DAYS.
A FAT DAY is simply the day you go off your live it for the entire day and eat something you really have been dying to eat. Say a pizza or a nice BIG piece of chocolate cake. My downfall (and believe me everyone has one) are chips. Pretty much Lays or Cheetos. So, once a week I set a side my FAT DAY and guess what I have? That's right. Okay, I don't buy the biggest bag I can find and down them all. I get a small big (which, has enough calories in it to kill your live it not to mention fat grams to choke a horse)but I do eat this bag with abandonment and the next day I start my live it all over again. Guess what? It works!!

I used to work at a gym thats no longer around. Well,this particular club (Venus de Milo) weighed you every time you came in. One of my clients came in after a weekend and she had put on three pounds. She didn't even flinch when she saw the number had gone a little higher than the last visit. She looked at me and said every three months I buy a cake and that is all I eat for the weekend. THE ENTIRE CAKE!!!! She put on three pounds but if you think about it, she was good for three full months before this. I'm just giving you another idea of how to go off of the live it without killing yourself. If you need to go off once every couple weeks thats good, three months is better for some but for me, I just have to have those chips once a week. It's like a monkey on my back that frankly, I don't care to ever rid myself of. Whatever your passion is, don't let it be food. Let it be life.

Until next time remember to eat to live not live to eat.

No comments: