Saturday, April 28, 2007

A New Recipe for Chicken

Hello everyone,
I hope your having a wonderful weekend. So far, I am. Let's hope it continues for all of us.
The reason I'm writing is because a lot of people just get so tired of chicken. What do I do with it that's not been done? Really, there isn't a lot of things and yet, chicken is one of the most versitile meats you can cook.

Have you ever tried chicken cutlets? They're great. For some of you that really don't know what that is and Yes, some don't. It's just a really thin piece of chicken that's both boneless and skinless. It tastes really wonderful cooked many ways but this is how I made it tonight. If you try it, I hope you like it and, if you do or don't, please let me know. Also, got a recipe that you think I might like? Send it to me cause I'm always on the look out.

What you need:

Chicken cutlets. (this depends on how many people your serving) but remember, they're thin so usually you can give a good eater two.

one cup bread crumbs
an egg
parmigiano cheese (about 1/2 cup
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic (if you like more, put it)
Crushed Red Pepper flakes (one teaspoon)
Poultry Seasoning(optional)
What I did was I put all of this in a food processor and let it go. I pulsed it about four times and it came out great.


Take the egg and put it into a seperate bowl and beat it

Now, some people use flour and you can for a coating.

Take the chicken and dip it into the egg and then into the mixture.

Heat a pan and put just enough Olive or Grapeseed oil to coat the bottom of the pan and turn it on medium heat.
Place the chicken in and cook each side for three minutes.

It's done. Serve with your favorite side dish and your favorite veggie.
There you go. A new dish. A different way to eat chicken.

(NOTE: You can even fry this in the pan and then place it between a wonderful crusty bread with a little low-fat mayo and tomato and you've got a great Sandwich)

So, until next time, please remember, eat to live and don't live to eat.

No comments: