Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sorry I have been gone but....

I was celebrating my Anniversary. Wedding Anniversary. We had the best time but I'm sure you don't want to know all about it. What I will tell you about it though is that my husband and I took a tour of four vineyards. We tasted many many MANY different wines. Some we liked, some not so much and some were well, gross is a word Yes? But all in all, this experience taught me a lot.

First of all, I'm not that big of a red wine lover. Sure, it's the BEST for you of any wine to drink and if your going to drink a wine, reds the one. However, a lot of those are just too dry. But I did enjoy many of the whites and merlots.

But why am I telling you this? Simple. I gained weight. Oh sure your going to say it's because I ate out for two days and sure, that's part of the reason. But, wine like any other alcohol is really well, fattening.

Nothing puts weight on you faster than drinking any type of booze. One good tip I know though is that the lighter color the alcohol the less calories. At least for most of them. Also, did you know that if it's heavy in color, your about 90% guaranteed a hangover? Yep. It's really true.

Gin, Vodka rarely give you headaches of any type much less a hangover in the morning. But the hard stuff didn't get that name because the punch is soft. (Yeah bad joke)

All in all, no matter what you drink remember, it's going to put calories on you and calories are hard to get off.

Okay, I'm going to come back tomorrow with another workout DVD and I'll tell you what it's all about.

Until then, remember to live to eat don't eat to live.

No comments: